This is the final animation sequence for ART119 Digital Media.
This project was challenging for a number of reasons:
- I really don’t understand Adobe’s UI Design. There is little continuity from one program to another.
- Switching from one CC app to another was jarring, but also necessary.
- Time-based design from Audition is very different from time-based design UI in Photoshop.
- Audition is buggy. It crashes more than a Ford Pinto, driven by Nick Nolte and Ted Kennedy. I became a habitual saver during this project, and am still uncomfortably paranoid. The iMac I used in the lab was actually less stable than my home-brew “Hackintosh” machine at home.
- Tyranny of choice. I had dozens of audio files to choose from, and often compromised by combining the best elements of separate sources into a single continuous sound.
- Editing. I had over 20 iterations because some aspects required more rework after making changes to separate sections of the animation.
- Credits. Even though my animation was only 40 seconds, I needed almost two minutes to roll the credits.
Overall, I am pleased with what I’ve done over these last couple of weeks. For a first timer, I think this is a relatively polished sequence. What do you think? Leave comments!